VIDEO: Cockermouth's own nativity
Last updated at 11:41, Friday, 28 December 2012
A group of Cockermouth residents have filmed their own version of the nativity.
Ian Russell, 45, of Brigham, an RE teacher at Maryport’s Netherhall School, and Gareth Browning, 46, of Cockermouth, who works for the Forestry Commission, came up with the idea to shoot the film around the shops in the town.
The nativity, in two parts, was for a Sunday service for the town’s Christ Church.
It stars Adrian and Lucy Thompson as shepherds, Mr Russell, Angela Walsh, Samantha Russell, Caitlin Walsh as the wise men, Eleanor and William Thompson as camels and Ben and Naomi Russell as a star.
Shops that took part in the production were The Coffee Kitchen, WM Walker, The New Bookshop, Tootey Cutey, Allison’s Chemists, The Wool Shop, The Toy Shop, Cockermouth Sweet Shop, RTSN Huddart, Tony Harrison, Cockermouth Travel, Tiffen & Co and Croft Guest House.
Mr Russell said: “We always do something for the service but this year we wanted to do something really special and we came up with the idea of doing the nativity around the shops in Cockermouth.
“Everyone who saw the production at the service was really happy to see their town and the independent shops of Cockermouth being incorporated into the story.”
See the videos at www.timesandstar.co.uk
First published at 11:25, Friday, 28 December 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- VIDEO: Young film-maker Lee tackles a tough issue
- Man, 36, arrested after serious sexual assault in West Cumbria
- Papcastle mum sets up charity in her front room
- Workington councillor to step down
- Lantern parade to boost West Cumbria town after roadworks
- West Cumbrian school feels a chill for a good cause
- Rocker Dez thinks big to promote his rock night
- A new start for apprentices
- Testing smells at West Cumbria factory (4 comments)
- Fury over possible sale of war memorial land (3 comments)
- Mersey paradise
- Pupils share Olympic glory
- ‘Increase council tax or face the consequences’ (5 comments)
- Teenagers riding high over BMX track
- Lewis Bell
- MP demands government cash pledge to
- Tide tables
- Millom residents offered green gadgets to cut food waste
- Millom drinker to be sentenced for attack on his mother (1 comment)
- Man’s grim journey to Millom to identify girlfriend's body
- Millom vandals cause hundreds of pounds worth of damage
- Baby found on Millom tip may not have been murdered
- ‘Miracle’ drug could be key to new life for Millom girl
- Lewis Bell
- Campaign to name baby found dead in Millom tip (11 comments)
- Millom Weight Watchers leader steps down after helping hundreds (1 comment)
- Was the Millom tip baby's death a tragic accident?
- Cumbria borough tops poll of affordable property (1 comment)
- Sarah Maguire
- Millom teen thrilled by sponsorship