VIDEO: Cockermouth's own nativity
Last updated at 11:41, Friday, 28 December 2012
A group of Cockermouth residents have filmed their own version of the nativity.
Ian Russell, 45, of Brigham, an RE teacher at Maryport’s Netherhall School, and Gareth Browning, 46, of Cockermouth, who works for the Forestry Commission, came up with the idea to shoot the film around the shops in the town.
The nativity, in two parts, was for a Sunday service for the town’s Christ Church.
It stars Adrian and Lucy Thompson as shepherds, Mr Russell, Angela Walsh, Samantha Russell, Caitlin Walsh as the wise men, Eleanor and William Thompson as camels and Ben and Naomi Russell as a star.
Shops that took part in the production were The Coffee Kitchen, WM Walker, The New Bookshop, Tootey Cutey, Allison’s Chemists, The Wool Shop, The Toy Shop, Cockermouth Sweet Shop, RTSN Huddart, Tony Harrison, Cockermouth Travel, Tiffen & Co and Croft Guest House.
Mr Russell said: “We always do something for the service but this year we wanted to do something really special and we came up with the idea of doing the nativity around the shops in Cockermouth.
“Everyone who saw the production at the service was really happy to see their town and the independent shops of Cockermouth being incorporated into the story.”
See the videos at www.timesandstar.co.uk
First published at 11:25, Friday, 28 December 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Cockermouth woman Gloria Edwards writes book of wartime memories
- Workington Hall safety work begins
- PHOTOS: Troops march into the heart of Maryport
- Wreath mission to war graves of town’s fallen
- Garage beauty salon’s 10 years
- Keswick's former pencil factory to be sold (1 comment)
- Gary the Ferret’s big day out leads to uproar on bus
- Bid to replace vandalised seating
- Judge tells allotment holders to leave in six weeks
- Traders in TV advert push to promote town (6 comments)