Spice up your life at charity Brit pop night
Last updated at 13:15, Friday, 21 February 2014
These girls will tell you what they really, really want... and that’s a night that transports them back to the 1990s.
Sophia Atcha – Scary Spice in our photo – and Helen Helm – Sporty Spice – of events firm Lakeland Belles, have arranged a Brit pop night next Saturday, March 1, at Cockermouth’s Kirkgate Centre.
The disco night will feature 1990s tunes from the likes of Oasis, Blur, the Spice Girls and Take That played by DJ Craig Cowper.
Images of 1990s Britain will be projected on to a big screen and people will be encouraged to wear fashions from the era.
The event will raise money for West Cumbria Carers. Tickets are £5. Call 07769696878.
First published at 13:12, Friday, 21 February 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Fightback begins as Cockermouth Main Street reopens (1 comment)
- Volunteer drivers step up after Maryport bus cuts (2 comments)
- Work begins on Workington snooker hall demolition
- Security increased at theft-hit West Cumbrian church
- Maryport girl becomes youngest qualified diver in Cumbria
- West Cumbria GP to join fight against deadly Ebola
- West Cumbrian village hall work pays off
- New group planned to give a voice to Workington traders
- Cockermouth School to consult again on switching to an academy
- Battle on against Workington turbines
- Four Workington pubs sold
- Two weeks to act over Cumbrian parking permits charge (10 comments)
- Snooker hall demolition planned in Workington (2 comments)
- Green Maryport firm hailed by presenter Kevin McCloud (1 comment)
- West Cumbrian village bus service is axed (7 comments)