Swimmer causes stir in West Cumbria
Published at 09:28, Tuesday, 08 July 2014
A swimmer training for a triathalon caused a stir in Maryport yesterday.
The Coastguard and Maryport Inshore Rescue were called out after a woman was seen entering the sea and not returning.
But the swimmer, as part of her training, had swum to Flimby from Maryport before returning to collect her clothing left on the beach.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Ofsted criticised by retiring head
- On the trail of woolly characters in Cockermouth
- Lidl pledges to use local firms in Maryport build
- Big ‘yes’ to Lidl store plan
- Lillian to retire so she can do more in the community
- Cumbria County Council chief defends difficult parking policy moves
- Obituary - Mary MacDonald, of Cockermouth
- CAMPAIGN: Help us keep hearts beating strongly in your community
- PHOTOS: Salute West Cumbria's superheroes (1 comment)
- ‘Alfie is my superhero' - Meet the children of the year