Swimmer causes stir in West Cumbria
Published at 09:28, Tuesday, 08 July 2014
A swimmer training for a triathalon caused a stir in Maryport yesterday.
The Coastguard and Maryport Inshore Rescue were called out after a woman was seen entering the sea and not returning.
But the swimmer, as part of her training, had swum to Flimby from Maryport before returning to collect her clothing left on the beach.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Obituary - Mary Burkett OBE, of Isel Hall
- Into the lion's den - a West Cumbrian's man rags-to-riches tale
- ‘Bill Barker will always be our hero’
- Maryport's Bill Barnes wins top community award
- Peek inside new caves
- West Cumbrian community stranded by tough bus cuts
- West Cumbrian family praise air ambulance
- Howdens remains closed after man's death
- People power wins fight on parking charges
- Settlement reached over lab man’s asbestos death
- Blackpool success for Barrow table tennis starlet
- Workington Town coach Gary Charlton's delight as defence dominates
- Walney keep making Cents
- Police appeal after rider knocked off moped in Barrow
- Barrow karter's championship success
- A595 blockage leads to renewed causeway call
- Cyclist, 23, is killed on way to work – inquest