Swimmer causes stir in West Cumbria
Published at 09:28, Tuesday, 08 July 2014
A swimmer training for a triathalon caused a stir in Maryport yesterday.
The Coastguard and Maryport Inshore Rescue were called out after a woman was seen entering the sea and not returning.
But the swimmer, as part of her training, had swum to Flimby from Maryport before returning to collect her clothing left on the beach.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Support is growing for Workington bypass demand
- ‘Truly glorious’, says RAF veteran as he soars again
- Time capsule message from Harrington pupils
- Excavation sheds more light on life in Roman Maryport
- Commonwealth baton honour for dairy man
- Classrooms put together in just a day
- Leisure centre go-ahead for Workington (17 comments)
- NEW PHOTOS: Sun shone on Sealy Spyatstock
- Day out at Maryport for Iggesund golfers
- Frank built 42-year career with West Cumbrian construction company