Swimmer causes stir in West Cumbria
Published at 09:28, Tuesday, 08 July 2014
A swimmer training for a triathalon caused a stir in Maryport yesterday.
The Coastguard and Maryport Inshore Rescue were called out after a woman was seen entering the sea and not returning.
But the swimmer, as part of her training, had swum to Flimby from Maryport before returning to collect her clothing left on the beach.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Ex Maryport coastguard and his wife celebrate 50 golden years
- Final call-out for West Cumbrian fireman Brian
- Owners speak out in Cockermouth trees row
- Fight continues for Angel of the West in Workington (5 comments)
- Lottery blow for Cockermouth war commemorations (2 comments)
- Cockermouth Main Street dug up again after sewer collapse (1 comment)
- Dancewear shop set to open in Workington
- Cockermouth care home launches tea shop
- West Cumbrian high fliers on awards shortlist
- One Direction fans flock to Workington theatre show