Swimmer causes stir in West Cumbria
Published at 09:28, Tuesday, 08 July 2014
A swimmer training for a triathalon caused a stir in Maryport yesterday.
The Coastguard and Maryport Inshore Rescue were called out after a woman was seen entering the sea and not returning.
But the swimmer, as part of her training, had swum to Flimby from Maryport before returning to collect her clothing left on the beach.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Fightback begins as Cockermouth Main Street reopens (2 comments)
- Volunteer drivers step up after Maryport bus cuts (3 comments)
- Work begins on Workington snooker hall demolition (1 comment)
- Security increased at theft-hit West Cumbrian church
- Maryport girl becomes youngest qualified diver in Cumbria
- West Cumbria GP to join fight against deadly Ebola
- West Cumbrian village hall work pays off
- New group planned to give a voice to Workington traders
- Cockermouth School to consult again on switching to an academy
- Battle on against Workington turbines