Teachers chalk off the pounds
Last updated at 12:05, Friday, 13 December 2013
Three Cockermouth teachers have been learning the ABC of slimming after losing 14 stones between them.
Yvonne Dykes and Lisa Gonzalez, who work at All Saints School, joined a slimming club in the town and were soon joined by colleague Sarah Cooke.
Yvonne and Lisa lost more than four stones each while Sarah shed nearly five-and-a-half stones after she joined last January.
Yvonne, 42, of Loweswater Close, Cockermouth, said: “It has been such a long road but we just aimed for small goals at a time and celebrated each other’s successes.
“It has given us all a lot more confidence as before we would have been in the back rows of photos but now we are happy to be at the front.”
They now go walking and running together and have helped others at the Weight Watchers group adopt healthier lifestyles.
Sarah, 42, of Blencathra Court, Cockermouth, said: “If we can do it then anybody can. We are much happier and healthier.”
Lisa, 50, of Kirkfell Avenue, Cockermouth, added: “We all bring in soup to work to cook for each other.”
First published at 12:01, Friday, 13 December 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Workington dad in 'gizza job' plea (8 comments)
- Keeper Leanne talks to the animals at Lake District park
- Major blow in fight to save Cockermouth church
- Lorton dinner lady says farewell
- New Roman dig starts in Maryport
- Fishing fleet seascape is unveiled in Maryport (1 comment)
- Maryport teen Rebecca, 16, loses cancer battle (1 comment)
- Workington teen on TV show Jockey School
- West Cumbrians cook up a treat on Come Dine With Me (1 comment)
- Workington leisure centre offers building opportunities