Titanic meals serve up charity funds
Last updated at 22:13, Thursday, 14 June 2012
Two charity dinners held in Maryport to commemorate the centenary of the Titanic disaster raised nearly £2,000 for local charities.
The dinners, a partnership between Lakes College and Maryport’s Wave Centre, raised £1,109 for Maryport Inshore Rescue and £881 for the Allerdale Mayor’s charities.
Two more charity events will be held at the Wave Centre over the next week.
Tonight there is a jubilee dinner prepared and served by Lakes College students.
Tickets are still available at £23, with £5 going to the Prince’s Trust.
Next Friday morning the college will hold a charity morning tea from 11.30am to 1.30pm to raise funds for Breast Cancer Care.
There will also be a screening next Friday of Grease to raise money for Hospice at Home West Cumbria.
George Mitchell, a local councillor, is running the sing-a-long event which will include Grease themed food and cocktails. Tickets are £5.
Tickets for Grease and for the jubilee dinner are available from the Wave Centre on 01900 811450.
First published at 19:24, Thursday, 14 June 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Panel chairman to stay on despite complaints
- Giving students the chance to learn in a new way
- Support group helps people make the forward steps in their lives
- Paranormal hunt at Workington theatre
- Fletcher dances for top role
- Jail for West Cumbria bottle attack man
- Two men deny data protection charges
- Lawyers team up for a new online venture
- Your chance to help shape town’s new £9m leisure centre
- Workington's Body Shop will close on June 8