Unexpected Christmas present for Workington couple
Last updated at 10:05, Friday, 27 December 2013
A Workington couple received a special Christmas Day gift – the arrival of their first baby.
Charley McAdam, 22, and Gavin Bilton, 23, of Roper Terrace, were looking forward to a January baby but Jake, weighing in at 6lb 11ozs, had other ideas.
Charley said she woke up at 2.30am on Christmas morning in some discomfort and baby Jake was born just over 12 hours later at the West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven at 3.37pm.
“I missed out on my Christmas dinner – but it was worth it,” the proud mum said yesterday.
“Gavin didn’t miss out though. The staff served him a full Christmas dinner while I was in labour!”
Jake was the second baby born at the hospital on Christmas day.
The first, delivered by Caesarian section at 12.12am, was Logan Ray, the first child of Amy Drummond and Jonathon Bridson of Cleator Moor.
First published at 10:04, Friday, 27 December 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Workington's Emily is still smiling
- 100 jobs masterplan revealed by M-Sport
- Mutiny on Cockermouth's Main Street (4 comments)
- Workington road will close for resurfacing (1 comment)
- Gilcrux pub to reopen after flood
- Workington care home admissions suspended
- Piglet boom at West Cumbria animal park
- Pulling in beer lovers in Workington
- Council is selling Workington's Old Rectory
- Woman found dead in Workington toilet named