West Cumbria pair make beauty contest finals
Last updated at 20:03, Thursday, 01 March 2012
Two women from the Cockermouth area will take part in the finals of national competitions this weekend.
Beth Faulder, 16, of Dovenby, is a finalist in Miss Teen Galaxy England.
Claire Beeby, 25, of Tallentire, is a finalist in Miss Galaxy England.
If they win, they will qualify for the competition’s international stages in Florida.
In the finals they will compete in four rounds that take in fashion wear, evening wear, swim wear and an interview round.
Claire has also won the title of Miss Cumbria Intercontinental and will compete for the England title in April.
She said: “I am really excited about it and I think it is a great achievement to represent Cumbria in two finals.
“I hope I get the chance to bring a England crown back to Cumbria.”
Beth, who also reached the semi-final stage of Miss Teen Great Britain in February, said: “Reaching the semi-finals gave me that extra bit of confidence as it is a very big step for me.
“It is an amazing feeling and it is good to be part of it. I am really excited and I am proud of my family who have helped me out so much and of myself because I am performing for my home town. It is another step further into modelling.”
First published at 19:23, Thursday, 01 March 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Bid to call-in Workington leisure centre plans fail (2 comments)
- Free Boxing Day bus services announced
- Obituary - Mary Burkett OBE, of Isel Hall
- Into the lion's den - a West Cumbrian's man rags-to-riches tale
- ‘Bill Barker will always be our hero’
- Maryport's Bill Barnes wins top community award
- Peek inside new caves
- West Cumbrian community stranded by tough bus cuts (1 comment)
- West Cumbrian family praise air ambulance
- Howdens remains closed after man's death