West Cumbria’s largest family?
Last updated at 12:48, Friday, 28 September 2012
Elizabeth Kennedy can be forgiven for forgetting the odd birthday – after all, she has seven children, 29 grandchildren, 29 great-grandchildren and four more on the way.
Mrs Kennedy, known as Lily, lives at Steer Avenue in Maryport and she is not so much a mother and grandmother as the founder of a tribe.
She has eight children, seven surviving, and the grandchildren who range from 32 to just a couple of weeks old – and with four more great-grandchildren due in the next few weeks, the family is still growing.
She said: “I have to say I don’t keep up with all their birthdays. Some of them are moving around and it is hard to keep track of them all.”
Mrs Kennedy, originally from Northern Ireland, has lived in the UK since 1980 and in Maryport for the past six years. She said: “I came up here after I had a stroke to be nearer my daughters Margaret Dawson, Elizabeth Stewartson and Joanne Balausiak, who all live here.”
- Does Mrs Kennedy have the largest family in West Cumbria? If you think your family is larger, email here
First published at 11:56, Friday, 28 September 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- West Cumbrian rapist sentenced to 12 years in prison
- Firm keeps La’al Ratty on track
- Hotel copule earn top AA award
- Hotel puts its energy into biomass boiler
- Chamber launches West Cumbria business breakfast
- Former lecturer restores rotting Maryport boat
- Vandals take plaques in memory of Great Clifton teen David Foster (7 comments)
- Cat killed in Workington dog attack (1 comment)
- Broughton Moor care home approved despite objections (4 comments)
- Maryport plans tourism drive with Mary Portas cash (1 comment)