West Cumbrian students to serve up a dinner fit for a queen
Last updated at 07:43, Friday, 04 May 2012
Catering students from Lakes College at Lillyhall are planning a dinner fit for a queen on June 15.
Students will mark the Queen’s diamond jubilee with a red, white and blue dinner based on two coronation menus.
The six-course meal will be served at The Wave Centre in Maryport.
It will begin with canapés, followed by coronation chicken or vegetarian brochettes.
Mock turtle consommé and baron of beef will also feature.. It will end with an equally royal iced pudding with strawberries and maids of honour.
There will also be a full vegetarian menu available.
The event has been organised following the success of the recent sold-out Titanic meal, which saw college students base a menu around food served to passengers on the doomed liner as part of its centenary commemorations.
The dinner was so popular that all tickets were sold within a couple of days. Due to demand a second Titanic dinner will be held next Friday.
Tickets for the jubilee dinner are £23, with £5 going to a charity, and are available from The Wave Centre on 01900 811450.
First published at 06:09, Friday, 04 May 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Workington Hall safety work begins
- PHOTOS: Troops march into the heart of Maryport
- Wreath mission to war graves of town’s fallen
- Garage beauty salon’s 10 years
- Keswick's former pencil factory to be sold (1 comment)
- Gary the Ferret’s big day out leads to uproar on bus
- Bid to replace vandalised seating
- Judge tells allotment holders to leave in six weeks
- Traders in TV advert push to promote town (5 comments)
- Friends plan party to remember Chloe at 21
- Young Cumbrian finance director named best in Britain
- Story firms forge fundraising links with Cumbrian hospices
- Votes plea from West Cumbrian businesswoman
- £180,000 makeover for Carlisle city centre pub
- Lloyd Volvo gets go-ahead for bigger showroom in Carlisle
- Investigation into Flimby fire complete
- Major £20m deal in the pipeline for Tata in Workington
- Profits rise sharply at Cumbrian company Stobart
- Cumbria jobless total hits 32-year low
- Story Homes wants mortgage lending boost
- Two die in crash on busy Cumbrian road
- South Cumbria girl gets first in line for thrills on dream holiday of a lifetime
- WITH VIDEOS: Crowds lap up Barrow music festival fun in the sun
- Man's body found on Barrow beach - next of kin of missing Manchester man informed
- Mum and children attacked in Carlisle park
- See the action on TV
- £1.7m price tag on Cumbrian politician's former home
- Talented Barrow athlete in running to train with Olympic star
- Fire in Cumbrian home
- Man cheats death in Walney Channel rescue