West Cumbrian students to serve up a dinner fit for a queen
Last updated at 07:43, Friday, 04 May 2012
Catering students from Lakes College at Lillyhall are planning a dinner fit for a queen on June 15.
Students will mark the Queen’s diamond jubilee with a red, white and blue dinner based on two coronation menus.
The six-course meal will be served at The Wave Centre in Maryport.
It will begin with canapés, followed by coronation chicken or vegetarian brochettes.
Mock turtle consommé and baron of beef will also feature.. It will end with an equally royal iced pudding with strawberries and maids of honour.
There will also be a full vegetarian menu available.
The event has been organised following the success of the recent sold-out Titanic meal, which saw college students base a menu around food served to passengers on the doomed liner as part of its centenary commemorations.
The dinner was so popular that all tickets were sold within a couple of days. Due to demand a second Titanic dinner will be held next Friday.
Tickets for the jubilee dinner are £23, with £5 going to a charity, and are available from The Wave Centre on 01900 811450.
First published at 06:09, Friday, 04 May 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Cumbrian councillor played solitaire during meeting (41 comments)
- Severed fingertip discovered in West Cumbria
- Aspatria woman Laura starts to find her voice
- Flimby mum and daughter take action after diabetes shock
- Cash raised in memory of Workington dad Kevin
- Workington band is still going strong
- Pictures legacy left to Maryport museum
- Tune in to Public Service Broadcasting at West Cumbrian festival
- Pupils take murderous revenge in Cockermouth
- West Cumbrian hairdresser aims to be next Miss Cumbria