West Cumbrians cook up a treat on Come Dine With Me
Last updated at 16:29, Friday, 11 April 2014
A Workington hotel duty manager and a West Cumbrian estate agent will be among the stars of the Cumbrian series of Channel 4’s Come Dine With Me on TV next week.
Andrew Carruthers, 45, who works at the Washington Central Hotel, is the star of Monday’s episode. Viewers will get to see his hotel-themed dinner party, complete with five-star quality food including “early reservation” fishcakes and a “do-not-disturb” truffle.
On Tuesday it’s the turn of fitness fanatic Jonny Thompson to host. Jonny has planned a meaty menu but his fellow guests get to see more of him than they bargained for.
Wednesday’s episode sees sheepdog trainer Katy Cropper take to the kitchen, with prawns cooked al fresco on an open fire and a horseradish sauce, and giving a sheep herding demonstration.
On Thursday, Holly Venning serves Cumbrian scallops and chorizo, Cumberland sausage and Penrith fudge pudding to show her love of the county.
Friday’s episode features Wendy Tinnion, manager of Grisdales in Workington, who brings the competition to a close with a disco. Wendy’s guests are in for a surprise as they learn something unexpected about their host.
Each episode will be aired on Channel 4 at 5.30pm.
First published at 16:02, Friday, 11 April 2014
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
is that guy from the Washington for real!!!! who would carry on like that in front of people he has just met???
Make your comment
- Former aquarium worker’s £118,000 theft charge
- Inspirational Kelly is the pride of Cumbria
- Injured soldier’s royal games joy
- Cockermouth infant school mum eyes top award
- Cathy’s cooking up a storm
- Nature reserve under threat from beck silt
- Police identify dead man found in West Cumbrian park
- Mourners say farewell to Maryport man killed after fall from Eastbourne Pier
- Honour the heroes of our communities
- VIDEO: Young film-maker Lee tackles a tough issue