Changes to plans for 152 homes in Maryport
Last updated at 14:16, Friday, 11 January 2013
Story Homes has lodged amended plans with Allerdale council in its controversial bid to build 152 homes at Deer Park in Maryport.
The firm has made minor changes to the design of some houses, which would be built next to Netherhall Road.
It has also submitted an environmental statement setting out the potential environmental impact of the proposal.
No changes have been made to the number of houses proposed or the overall layout.
The scheme would see 71 four-bedroom, 58 three-bedroom and 15 two-bedroom houses and eight two-bedroom bungalows built of red sandstone.
Dozens of letters of objection and others in support of the plans have been sent to Allerdale council since the initial application was lodged in May 2011.
Some Maryport residents fear the scheme would blight a pleasant entrance to the town, increase flood problems on Netherhall Road and Netherhall Corner and cause traffic congestion and danger to pupils crossing to Netherhall School.
Concerned residents have set up the Friends of Deer Park group to fight the scheme and a petition against it was also started.
People have until January 28 to comment on the amended proposals.
First published at 14:02, Friday, 11 January 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Maryport does not need these houses. The housing market is already struggling. Too many houses and not enough people and jobs to support them. I don't think that the builder has done their market research. Nothing is selling! No-one is moving to the town! There are no jobs! Who will buy these new properties???
Make your comment
- Teachers show heart for campaign as Workington school nears closure
- Here’s Jonny! Event organiser can’t wait to get Northbound
- Fund-raising calendar planned in Flimby
- Wall art unveiled at Workington care home
- Cockermouth swimmer Luke aims to go from Baku to Rio
- Road closures for Flimby Carnival
- Art helps Brigham woman Carol on road to recovery
- Blue is the colour for Seaton toddler Zayn
- Maryport woman in court on Workington care home neglect charges
- Local sailors prepare to feature in Lake District film