Council to recruit Cockermouth flood recovery officer
Last updated at 10:32, Thursday, 24 December 2009
AN OFFICER is being recruited by Allerdale council to help Cockermouth’s traders recover after the floods.
The council has created a temporary post of Cockermouth town centre recovery co-ordinator.
The co-ordinator will act as the link between the town’s retailers and other businesses and those agencies and organisations offering support and advice. It will ensure that communication is maintained.
The position also includes developing and implementing a marketing and promotions campaign with specific event management for the town centre, securing any external support and funding that may become available and co-ordinating any consultation.
The post is offered for 12 months and will be based at Cockermouth Town Hall.
Previous similar experience is necessary and an immediate start will be offered.
Further details about the post are available at www.allerdale.gov.uk/jobs
First published at 09:25, Thursday, 24 December 2009
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Thieves smash church's World War One window
- Cockermouth Community Hospital officially opened (1 comment)
- Frustrating delay to Megan’s US surgery
- New £1.5 million Cockermouth service station gets the go-ahead
- Mental health charity under threat after funding shock
- Business booming for Claire's Cockermouth coffee shop
- Mourners pay tribute to the life of ‘our little star’
- Two friends with three mountains to conquer
- Isabelle’s joy at surgery go-ahead
- Big ‘yes’ to Lidl store plan