English Heritage ask for longer over Deer Park plans
Last updated at 12:33, Friday, 08 February 2013
English Heritage has asked for another extension to consider its response to a housing development in Maryport.
The organisation asked Allerdale council for an extra week to respond to a plan by Story Homes to build 152 homes on land off Netherhall Road, known locally as Deer Park.
It was due to respond on Monday, but has asked for more time.
It has been granted another extension until this Monday, February 11.
English Heritage, which has to be consulted as part of planning regulations, originally said it would not object to the 152-home scheme.
But it wanted to review its initial response after consultation was reopened when changes were made to the plans.
Its request raised the hopes of protest group Friends of Deer Park, set up to block the estate, that English Heritage could object.
First published at 12:20, Friday, 08 February 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- A66 at Keswick reopens after two-vehicle crash A66
- PHOTOS: Downies swing first victory against Uppies
- Pub back on tap after flood
- Restaurant now on the menu for cafe owners
- Doubts over new Aspatria rock festival
- Heat turned up in bid for lower energy bills
- Petition protest over plan for more homes on estate
- Old church has another new owner (1 comment)
- Moon jellies light up aquarium
- Carnival is cancelled over town roadworks