Housing plan for 31 homes in Workington
Last updated at 19:30, Thursday, 19 April 2012
Plans to extend a Workington housing estate by 25 homes and build six homes in the town centre have been revealed.
Hearthstone Homes, of Cockermouth, wants to build the 25 three- and four-bedroom homes off Wentworth Park in Stainburn, and six affordable homes on land at Gray Street.
It has submitted planning applications for both schemes to Allerdale council.
Developments with over 15 units are required to provide affordable housing and Hearthstone Homes has proposed that the Gray Street site would house the Stainburn allocation because of easy access to the town centre.
The houses off Wentworth Park, Stainburn, would be built in similar materials to the existing estate and would include two-storey houses and bungalows in a mix of semi-detached and detached.
Access would be through the existing estate, and each house would have a minimum of two off-road parking spaces.
The houses in Gray Street, opposite the old telephone exchange, would be made up of three pairs of three-bedroom semi-detached houses with eight parking spaces.
Plans for a 37-space car park on the Gray Street site by Normandy Properties Limited were recently rejected by Allerdale council.
First published at 19:25, Thursday, 19 April 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Eight parking spaces for six three bedroomed homes seems a little small...
Make your comment
- 45 people evacuated as bus catches fire near Cockermouth
- PHOTOS: St Michael's fire - 20 years on
- PHOTOS: Pints pull in the pounds at beer and cider festival
- Boats left high and dry after virtually rainless September
- West Cumbrian mum-to-be is super slimmer
- Chelsea Reynolds is a TV star with Sheridan Smith
- Shaun taps into Maryport pub (1 comment)
- It’s all about the money for a Workington school!
- Let Laura Speak fund keeps growing
- Aspatria headteacher to leave