Housing plan for 31 homes in Workington
Last updated at 19:30, Thursday, 19 April 2012
Plans to extend a Workington housing estate by 25 homes and build six homes in the town centre have been revealed.
Hearthstone Homes, of Cockermouth, wants to build the 25 three- and four-bedroom homes off Wentworth Park in Stainburn, and six affordable homes on land at Gray Street.
It has submitted planning applications for both schemes to Allerdale council.
Developments with over 15 units are required to provide affordable housing and Hearthstone Homes has proposed that the Gray Street site would house the Stainburn allocation because of easy access to the town centre.
The houses off Wentworth Park, Stainburn, would be built in similar materials to the existing estate and would include two-storey houses and bungalows in a mix of semi-detached and detached.
Access would be through the existing estate, and each house would have a minimum of two off-road parking spaces.
The houses in Gray Street, opposite the old telephone exchange, would be made up of three pairs of three-bedroom semi-detached houses with eight parking spaces.
Plans for a 37-space car park on the Gray Street site by Normandy Properties Limited were recently rejected by Allerdale council.
First published at 19:25, Thursday, 19 April 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Eight parking spaces for six three bedroomed homes seems a little small...
Make your comment
- Two weeks to act over Cumbrian parking permits charge (9 comments)
- Artwork reflects Maryport history
- Little Clifton couple on a mission to help Gambia
- Tune in to Maryport man's pampered pooch TV reality show
- West Cumbrian village bus service is axed (7 comments)
- Dog-friendly Keswick pub set to reopen (2 comments)
- Maryport bus cuts hit traders (1 comment)
- Award chance for Greysouthen writer
- Green Maryport firm hailed by presenter Kevin McCloud
- Funeral tributes to Flimby man Brian