New clerk wanted for Workington Town Council
Last updated at 12:28, Friday, 23 November 2012
Workington Town Council is looking for a new full-time clerk with current clerk Peter Hayes due to retire.
The starting salary is £32,800, rising by three annual increments to a maximum of £35,430.
The Cumbrian Association of Local Councils is advertising the role on behalf of the town council.
It says that Mr Hayes, who is a part-time clerk, will retire shortly.
The post is advertised as being key to helping the council achieve its “ambitious programme” for the town.
The deadline for applications is next Friday with interviews set for the week beginning December 17 at Workington Town Hall. Shortlisted candidates will have to give a presentation.
First published at 10:53, Friday, 23 November 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Make your comment
- Ex Maryport coastguard and his wife celebrate 50 golden years
- Final call-out for West Cumbrian fireman Brian
- Owners speak out in Cockermouth trees row
- Fight continues for Angel of the West in Workington (1 comment)
- Lottery blow for Cockermouth war commemorations (2 comments)
- Cockermouth Main Street dug up again after sewer collapse (1 comment)
- Dancewear shop set to open in Workington
- Cockermouth care home launches tea shop
- West Cumbrian high fliers on awards shortlist
- One Direction fans flock to Workington theatre show