New clerk wanted for Workington Town Council
Last updated at 12:28, Friday, 23 November 2012
Workington Town Council is looking for a new full-time clerk with current clerk Peter Hayes due to retire.
The starting salary is £32,800, rising by three annual increments to a maximum of £35,430.
The Cumbrian Association of Local Councils is advertising the role on behalf of the town council.
It says that Mr Hayes, who is a part-time clerk, will retire shortly.
The post is advertised as being key to helping the council achieve its “ambitious programme” for the town.
The deadline for applications is next Friday with interviews set for the week beginning December 17 at Workington Town Hall. Shortlisted candidates will have to give a presentation.
First published at 10:53, Friday, 23 November 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Make your comment
- Awards night held at Workington school
- Netherhall headteacher to step down
- Police appeal for help to trace Aspatria man
- Solar park plan would harm West Cumbria's economy - warning (1 comment)
- Small cars will prove big hit at vintage rally
- Cockermouth NatWest branch closes suddenly
- M-Sport's Ryan is engineering success story
- Air cadets ready for take off thanks to coach firm
- Workington honours forces heroes
- Workington physics trio scoop science cash