New clerk wanted for Workington Town Council
Last updated at 12:28, Friday, 23 November 2012
Workington Town Council is looking for a new full-time clerk with current clerk Peter Hayes due to retire.
The starting salary is £32,800, rising by three annual increments to a maximum of £35,430.
The Cumbrian Association of Local Councils is advertising the role on behalf of the town council.
It says that Mr Hayes, who is a part-time clerk, will retire shortly.
The post is advertised as being key to helping the council achieve its “ambitious programme” for the town.
The deadline for applications is next Friday with interviews set for the week beginning December 17 at Workington Town Hall. Shortlisted candidates will have to give a presentation.
First published at 10:53, Friday, 23 November 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Make your comment
- Support is growing for Workington bypass demand
- ‘Truly glorious’, says RAF veteran as he soars again
- Time capsule message from Harrington pupils
- Excavation sheds more light on life in Roman Maryport
- Commonwealth baton honour for dairy man
- Classrooms put together in just a day
- Leisure centre go-ahead for Workington (17 comments)
- NEW PHOTOS: Sun shone on Sealy Spyatstock
- Day out at Maryport for Iggesund golfers
- Frank built 42-year career with West Cumbrian construction company