New clerk wanted for Workington Town Council
Last updated at 12:28, Friday, 23 November 2012
Workington Town Council is looking for a new full-time clerk with current clerk Peter Hayes due to retire.
The starting salary is £32,800, rising by three annual increments to a maximum of £35,430.
The Cumbrian Association of Local Councils is advertising the role on behalf of the town council.
It says that Mr Hayes, who is a part-time clerk, will retire shortly.
The post is advertised as being key to helping the council achieve its “ambitious programme” for the town.
The deadline for applications is next Friday with interviews set for the week beginning December 17 at Workington Town Hall. Shortlisted candidates will have to give a presentation.
First published at 10:53, Friday, 23 November 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Make your comment
- One of our reindeer is missing!
- Nine jobs created as Workington store extends
- Teachers chalk off the pounds
- Georgian Fair is off due to road revamp
- Mandela tribute at rugby get-together
- Well look what I found in my living room
- Firm’s £2,000 towards Cockermouth teenager's life-changing op
- Workington pub granted 4.30am licence
- Workington newsagent top Lottery fund-raiser
- Coal mining memorial planned for town centre