New clerk wanted for Workington Town Council
Last updated at 12:28, Friday, 23 November 2012
Workington Town Council is looking for a new full-time clerk with current clerk Peter Hayes due to retire.
The starting salary is £32,800, rising by three annual increments to a maximum of £35,430.
The Cumbrian Association of Local Councils is advertising the role on behalf of the town council.
It says that Mr Hayes, who is a part-time clerk, will retire shortly.
The post is advertised as being key to helping the council achieve its “ambitious programme” for the town.
The deadline for applications is next Friday with interviews set for the week beginning December 17 at Workington Town Hall. Shortlisted candidates will have to give a presentation.
First published at 10:53, Friday, 23 November 2012
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Make your comment
- Panel chairman to stay on despite complaints
- Giving students the chance to learn in a new way
- Support group helps people make the forward steps in their lives
- Paranormal hunt at Workington theatre
- Fletcher dances for top role
- Jail for West Cumbria bottle attack man
- Two men deny data protection charges
- Lawyers team up for a new online venture
- Your chance to help shape town’s new £9m leisure centre
- Workington's Body Shop will close on June 8