Paraglider pilot hurt in Lake District crash
Last updated at 17:45, Saturday, 16 February 2013
A paraglider pilot had to be airlifted to hospital yesterday after he crashed into a hillside in the Cockermouth area.
The alarm was raised at 2.20pm and members of Cumbria police, North West Ambulance Service and mountain rescue volunteers were all sent to the scene.
A police spokeswoman said the incident was at Grasmoor, Buttermere and the casualty suffered a suspected broken leg.
And an ambulance service spokeswoman confirmed that he was airlifted from the scene by helicopter and taken to West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven.
First published at 17:43, Saturday, 16 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- HAVE YOUR SAY: West Cumbria's answer to Angel of the North (29 comments)
- Lidl plans to open store in Maryport (5 comments)
- Support is growing for Workington bypass demand (9 comments)
- Leisure centre go-ahead for Workington (42 comments)
- Jobs go as West Cumbrian metal firm shuts (6 comments)