Paraglider pilot hurt in Lake District crash
Last updated at 17:45, Saturday, 16 February 2013
A paraglider pilot had to be airlifted to hospital yesterday after he crashed into a hillside in the Cockermouth area.
The alarm was raised at 2.20pm and members of Cumbria police, North West Ambulance Service and mountain rescue volunteers were all sent to the scene.
A police spokeswoman said the incident was at Grasmoor, Buttermere and the casualty suffered a suspected broken leg.
And an ambulance service spokeswoman confirmed that he was airlifted from the scene by helicopter and taken to West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven.
First published at 17:43, Saturday, 16 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Angry Cumbrian MP and council leader write to David Cameron about Sellafield deal (6 comments)
- Cumbrian hospital operating theatres to stay shut after alert
- Crash blocks busy Cumbrian road junction
- Benefits fraud woman sentenced by Cumbrian court
- Plan to build 50 homes in West Cumbrian village (5 comments)