Paraglider pilot hurt in Lake District crash
Last updated at 17:45, Saturday, 16 February 2013
A paraglider pilot had to be airlifted to hospital yesterday after he crashed into a hillside in the Cockermouth area.
The alarm was raised at 2.20pm and members of Cumbria police, North West Ambulance Service and mountain rescue volunteers were all sent to the scene.
A police spokeswoman said the incident was at Grasmoor, Buttermere and the casualty suffered a suspected broken leg.
And an ambulance service spokeswoman confirmed that he was airlifted from the scene by helicopter and taken to West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven.
First published at 17:43, Saturday, 16 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Man airlifted to hospital after major fall in Workington
- West Cumbrian road closed as water main bursts
- Restaurant owner died in crash after drink-driving - inquest
- Council disputes claim multi-storey car park is £1m flop (23 comments)
- Controversial Cockermouth housing estate plans given go ahead by Allerdale council (2 comments)