Parish council rejects plans for new homes in Dalston
Last updated at 13:23, Thursday, 14 February 2013
Parish councillors have voted to recommend that controversial plans for 128 new homes in Dalston are rejected.
The proposals by Story Homes feature on a list of planning applications considered at a special meeting of the village’s parish council.
Hundreds of people have signed a petition against the development on fields between Station Road and Townhead Road.
The housing firm says the scheme would support 60 jobs while the estate is being built, and would be spread over four to five years.
Forty members of the public attended the meeting, in which councillors debated the plans.
While a decision was made to recommend that Carlisle City Council refuses the proposals, the formal reasons for the refusal will not be ratified until a second meeting of the parish council on Tuesday.
First published at 13:20, Thursday, 14 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Woman found dead in Workington toilet named
- Crisis talks as whole of Cockermouth Main Street to close for £1.7m work (9 comments)
- Calling time on Circuit Bar after 25 years
- £24,000 electric bill for £26,000 West Cumbrian chapel
- Man stole beer and chocolate buttons in store raid - police issue CCTV picture