Police name man who died after car crashes into wall in west Cumbria
Last updated at 13:41, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
A car driver who died in hospital after a collision with a stone wall has been identified by police.
William Edward Parker, 74, of Loop Road, Distington, died in the West Cumberland Hospital, Whitehaven, following the crash close to the Howgate Hotel at about 2.30pm yesterday (Monday).
Mr Parker had to be cut free from his green-coloured Volkswagen Bora car by firefighters using specialist hydraulic equipment.
The B5306 road was closed from the Castle pub to the Distington bypass at the junction near Low Moresby.
Police are investigating the cause of the collision and have appealed for witnesses to contact PC Mark Ormerod in the roads unit on 101.
The coroner has been informed.
First published at 15:48, Monday, 25 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Greggs branch closing (2 comments)
- West Cumbrian woman banned from 45 shops
- Staff devastated after fire destroys part of Cumbrian hospital (6 comments)
- New West Cumbrian bar and bistro will create 20 jobs (2 comments)
- Man killed in crash on Cumbrian road named (8 comments)