Services for dean’s kids
Published at 00:00, Saturday, 25 March 2006
A SERIES of services are planned at Carlisle Cathedral to remember five daughters of a former city dean who died in a scarlet fever epidemic 150 years ago.
They were all children of Archibald Tait, who was Dean of Carlisle when they died in 1856.
A number of events have been planned, starting tomorrow, when Sister Frances Dominica of All Saints’ Covent in Oxford will be the guest speaker at Cathedral Eucharist, starting at 10am.
There will also be events on Monday and Tuesday, as well as a special Evensong service next Sunday at 3pm.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- About 1,800 jobs to be axed at Cumbria County Council to help save £83 million
- Four Workington pubs sold
- Two weeks to act over Cumbrian parking permits charge (10 comments)
- Cumbrian mum reveals ordeal of son abandoned in Kuwait by security firm
- Green Maryport firm hailed by presenter Kevin McCloud (1 comment)