Workington Comets reveal new sponsors
Last updated at 13:14, Friday, 01 February 2013
Comets fans get the first chance to see the new team in action for the first time on March 23 for the club’s press-and-practice day.
The Derwent Park grandstand opens at noon with riders facing the media an hour earlier.
There is no set fee for entrance into the event, but a donation to the Speedway Riders’ Benevolent Fund is required.
Fans can meet the riders and club management but a time is yet to be confirmed.
Workington have also announced two major sponsorship deals with Kirkland Carpets and J Edgar & Son.
Steve Whitehead, co-promoter, told the club’s website: “We would like to recognise the level of support Edgars have given by introducing them as a key partner of Comets.”
Owner Laura Morgan and her brother Whitehead are also putting together the finer details in preparation for the start of the season and are due to launch a car sharing scheme for supporters.
They have also announced that the first home meeting of the season – the Ian Thomas Memorial Shield against Newcastle – will finish with a firework display.
First published at 12:50, Friday, 01 February 2013
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- No votes win in Workington referendum but polls see low turnout (28 comments)
- Driver arrested after car crashes into garden, flips over, just misses house
- Call for discounted supermarkets in West Cumbria
- Local firms will be able to bid for Workington leisure centre work
- New Workington heads pledge to turn around troubled schools