Flimby Vikings hit 14 goals but most matches are called off
Last updated at 20:47, Thursday, 22 December 2011
Only two Workington & District Sunday League football games were played at the weekend as another 10 were called off because of frozen or waterlogged pitches.
But the two that were played, both in division two, produced 23 goals.
Topping the scoring chart were division leaders Flimby Vikings who went on the rampage against Broughton, winning 14-2.
Viking Mark Hine scored six while there was two each for Chris Dawes and Paul Vickers.
Other Flimby goals came from Mark Varty, Darren Pape, Jamie Bethwaite and Keith Anderson.
On target for Broughton were Scott Howard and Peter Gorley.
The other game brought a 7-0 away win for mid-table Westfield over Galloping Horse.
There were two goals each for David Byers and Gary Birkett while Peter Miller, Craig Edmondson and Gary Messenger scored one apiece.
There are no fixtures for the next two Sundays. Games resume on January 7.
First published at 19:20, Thursday, 22 December 2011
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Football tables round up
- September decision on whether Americans will continue to run Sellafield (2 comments)
- £7m construction skills centre opening in west Cumbria
- BBC DIY SOS appeals for help with Cumbrian tot's house revamp
- Garden centre paying £47,000 to make nearby junctions safer
- West Cumbrian rapist sentenced to 12 years in prison