Another junior win at Keswick
Published at 19:44, Thursday, 24 July 2008
KESWICK Golf Club’s captains Mik Brown and Judith Wilson held their Joint Captains’ Charity event at Threlkeld Hall on Sunday.
Once again a member of the ever-improving junior section won the top prize in the Stableford competition.
Fourteen-year-old Will Humphreys came in with 42 points successfully holding off the challenge of Brian Roper who took second with 41 points with Roy Fisher third on 40.
Louise Watson continued her recent fine run of form to head the ladies’ section with 41 points. Second went to Pam Robinson on 35 and Sylvia Clark came third with 34.
John Black took the prize for longest drive on the 14th and Lindsay Ferguson for his tee shot on the eighth being nearest the pin with Paul Sancaster nearest the centre line on the seventh.
In the ladies’ section Christine Ellwood had the longest drive on the 12th and Janette Watson won nearest the pin on the third.
John Robinson captained the Fellmen when they played their last home match of the season against the Appleby Ramblers. The men from Threlkeld Hall ran out convincing winners 6-2 with this result maintaining their 100 per cent record on home turf.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Annual Distington Vintage Rally gets into top gear
- Maryport woman in court on Workington care home neglect charges
- Dogs banned from some parks and spaces in Cumbria (48 comments)
- Bidders needed to help serve up cafe on Maryport estate (1 comment)
- Teachers show heart for campaign as Workington school nears closure