Reds sign Newcastle United stricker JJ Hooper
Published at 18:29, Friday, 07 December 2012
Reds have signed Newcastle United striker JJ Hooper on work experience forms.
The 19-year-old goes straight into the squad to face Gloucester tomorrow, and travelled with the squad.
Boss Darren Edmondson also expects to land another forward and midfielder next week, and said: “JJ is a striker who is highly rated.
“He adds something different to the squad, and importantly offers more competition.
“We don’t know how long Jordan Connerton will be missing for, so it’s important we have options.
“JJ comes in at a time when we have a packed schedule, and will definitely feature.
“We have created chances and not put them away, which needs to change.
“Hopefully JJ can find the back of the net, and help us win points over Christmas.
“He’s highly rated. Newcastle think a lot of him, and I know he has the quality to come in and make an immediate impact.”
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Tributes to ‘one of Maryport’s loveliest men’ (4 comments)
- Dogs banned from some parks and spaces in Cumbria (43 comments)
- Maryport woman in court on Workington care home neglect charges
- Teachers show heart for campaign as Workington school nears closure
- Bidders needed to help serve up cafe on Maryport estate (1 comment)