Seb Crookall-Nixon's English title dream fades
Published at 12:16, Friday, 03 August 2012
Golf star Seb Crookall-Nixon’s bid for glory in the English Amateur Championship is over after the talented teenager was knocked out in the quarter-final.
The 18-year-old had a solid front nine in his matchplay battle with Hampshire’s Harry Ellis at Silloth’s stunning links course, and went one-up on hole six.
But Crookall-Nixon’s title dream ended when 16-year-old England international Ellis pulled back on hole 12 and went ahead on the 13th.
The ex-Cockermouth School pupil, of Papcastle, pulled level on the 16th, but Ellis took the final holes to record the win.
Crookall-Nixon’s achievement is made more remarkable as he suffered serious injuries during a car crash in May.
He beat Sam Crenan and Adam Chapman in successive matchplay battles to make the quarter-final.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- £7m construction skills centre opening in west Cumbria
- September decision on whether Americans will continue to run Sellafield (2 comments)
- Garden centre paying £47,000 to make nearby junctions safer
- World leek and onion championship in West Cumbria
- BBC DIY SOS appeals for help with Cumbrian tot's house revamp