UKIP name general election candidate for Carlisle
Last updated at 16:31, Tuesday, 22 January 2013
A new candidate has been chosen to represent the UK Independence Party (UKIP) in the Carlisle constituency at the next general election.
It has been revealed that John Brian Stanyer, an active member within the party for many years, will be the prospective candidate for the 2015 election.
Michael Owen, the UKIP Carlisle constituency chairman, said that Mr Stanyer had previously stood for the party in the Penrith constituency.
He added: “He is a successful local businessman running several businesses in Cumbria.
“We are delighted to have been able to choose a local candidate who has a wide knowledge of the area and who really understands the problems the ordinary people face every day.”
Mr Owen said that the 48-year-old was married with three grown-up children and his businesses included a bed and breakfast and holiday cottage letting company as well as a small campsite and farm.
He also works as an area manager for a large estate agency company based in north Cumbria.
First published at 16:30, Tuesday, 22 January 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Obituary - Jimmy Glaister, of Bassenthwaite
- Workington Reds trail ex-Carlisle Utd defender Dan Wordsworth
- CRAIG HAUGHIN, 42, from Whitehaven, is operations director for Tata Steel Projects
- Better finishing gives Workington the points
- Alan Dawson builds on all his experience with an award and a new job