Warning over illegal meat sales in Carlisle
Last updated at 11:58, Monday, 11 February 2013
Carlisle City Council is investigating reports of door to door sales of illegal meat in Carlisle.
The council’s environmental health team are concerned that unsafe meat and meat products may have been introduced into the food chain.
A spokeswoman said: “We don’t want to cause undue concern, but we’d like to advise residents who’ve bought the illegal meat to contact us as soon as they can.”
If anyone has recently bought fresh or frozen meat or meat products, delivered to their door from someone who is not from a registered food business, they should contact 01228 817336 as soon as possible. They will then be advised on the best course of action.
People can also email email@example.com
First published at 11:57, Monday, 11 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Woman found dead in Workington toilet named
- Crisis talks as whole of Cockermouth Main Street to close for £1.7m work (9 comments)
- Calling time on Circuit Bar after 25 years
- £24,000 electric bill for £26,000 West Cumbrian chapel
- Man stole beer and chocolate buttons in store raid - police issue CCTV picture