Weather warning for Cumbria
Published at 15:40, Tuesday, 25 December 2012
The Met Office is warning of heavy rain and potential flooding in Cumbria on Friday night and early Saturday.
Forecasters predict “persistent, heavy rain” over high ground, accompanied by “very windy” conditions.
They expect between 60mm and 80mm of rain to fall over the Cumbrian fells.
Although heavy, that is a fraction of the 314.4mm recorded in a single day at Seathwaite, Borrowdale, in November 2009 when there was widespread flooding in Keswick and west Cumbria.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Workington factory to close with loss of 152 jobs (3 comments)
- Legal challenge over Cockermouth's Taste Cumbria event (16 comments)
- Nuclear college to be built in West Cumbria (7 comments)
- Cumbrian man suffers serious facial injuries in attack
- Comedian Sean Lock sells out Workington’s Carnegie Theatre in record time (5 comments)