Weather warning for Cumbria
Published at 15:40, Tuesday, 25 December 2012
The Met Office is warning of heavy rain and potential flooding in Cumbria on Friday night and early Saturday.
Forecasters predict “persistent, heavy rain” over high ground, accompanied by “very windy” conditions.
They expect between 60mm and 80mm of rain to fall over the Cumbrian fells.
Although heavy, that is a fraction of the 314.4mm recorded in a single day at Seathwaite, Borrowdale, in November 2009 when there was widespread flooding in Keswick and west Cumbria.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- 45 people evacuated as bus catches fire near Cockermouth
- Missing ex-England rugby league international found safe and well
- Tributes to Cumbria crash tragedy teenager
- 'We want hospital we were promised', MP tells 4,000-strong health rally (39 comments)
- West Cumbrian man admits sexual activity with child