West Cumbrian man fined £140 for dropping cigarette
Last updated at 12:42, Friday, 06 July 2012
A man who dropped a cigarette butt in the street has been ordered to fork out £140.
John Robinson, 34, of Falcon Street, Workington, admitted dropping litter in Oxford Street, Workington on March 7.
West Cumbria magistrates heard council officers saw him commit the offence and issued him with a fixed penalty.
He failed to pay within the given 14 days and was sent a reminder. The case was sent to court after he failed to respond.
Robinson was fined £75 and told to pay £50 costs and a victim surcharge of £15.
First published at 11:27, Friday, 06 July 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Crash blocks busy Cumbrian road junction
- Car ends up on its side as crash blocks West Cumbrian road junction
- Go-ahead for superfast broadband roll-out across Cumbria (19 comments)
- Thousands welcome Duke of Lancaster's troops to Whitehaven (5 comments)
- Benefits fraud woman sentenced by Cumbrian court