Workington man's £5,500 benefits fraud
Last updated at 13:08, Wednesday, 27 February 2013
A man has been prosecuted for fraudulently claiming benefits.
Action was brought at the West Cumbria Magistrates’ Court in Workington by Allerdale Council against Nicholas Brian Read, 36.
Read, of Hill Crest, Northside, Workington, failed to notify the council of a change in circumstances affecting benefit entitlement.
He admitted when interviewed that he failed to declare a change of employer which resulted in increased income.
As a result of failing to declare his true income, he was overpaid £5,571.20 in benefits.
Read was ordered to carry out 80 hours of unpaid work with costs of £85.
First published at 11:41, Wednesday, 27 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Man, 36, arrested after serious sexual assault in West Cumbria
- Rocker Dez thinks big to promote his rock night
- Talks continue over Workington slag banks crucifix (16 comments)
- Cumbrian taxi driver charged with sex attack on woman, 18, remanded in custody
- Papcastle mum sets up charity in her front room