Workington Reds make it three wins on the trot
Last updated at 20:36, Saturday, 12 March 2011
Workington Reds 2 Droylsden 0: Two penalty misses cost Droylsden as Workington Reds made it three wins on the spin.
Aaran Taylor did exceptionally well to deny Luke Holden gifting the visitors the lead on 38 minutes by diving low to his left to keep out a well struck spot kick.
The miss proved costly as Jonny Wright opened the scoring just before the hour-mark.
Gareth Arnison was played in one-on-one but keeper Paul Phillips cleared the initial danger. The ball fell to the feet of Wright, who kept his composure to fire past two defenders on the line.
On 71 minutes, Droylsden missed their second penalty when Jody Banim blazed high over the bar.
Reds sealed the game on 77 minutes when Nick Rogan scored his second goal for the club.
A superb through ball by Wright sent the striker clean through. He took it wide before chipping over Phillips from a tight angle.
Workington Reds: Taylor, Langford, A Wright, May, Andrews, Vipond, Main, Hewson, J Wright (Murray-Jones 83), Arnison (McLuckie 77), Rogan.
First published at 18:42, Saturday, 12 March 2011
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Angry Cumbrian MP and council leader write to David Cameron about Sellafield deal (6 comments)
- Plan to build 50 homes in West Cumbrian village (5 comments)
- Crash blocks busy Cumbrian road junction
- Cumbrian hospital operating theatres to stay shut after alert
- Benefits fraud woman sentenced by Cumbrian court