Workington Reds sign Newcastle United striker JJ Hooper
Last updated at 19:34, Friday, 07 December 2012
Workington Reds have signed Newcastle United striker JJ Hooper on work experience forms.
The 19-year-old goes straight into the squad to face Gloucester tomorrow.
Boss Darren Edmondson, who also expects to land another forward and midfielder next week, said: “JJ is a striker who is highly rated.
“He adds something different to the squad and importantly offers more competition.
“We don’t know how long Jordan Connerton will be missing for, so it’s important we have options.
“JJ comes in at a time when we have a packed schedule and will definitely feature.
“We have created chances and not put them away, which needs to change.
“Hopefully JJ can find the back of the net and help us win points over Christmas.
“He’s highly rated. Newcastle think a lot of him and I know he has the quality to come in and make an immediate impact.”
First published at 19:30, Friday, 07 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Four Workington pubs sold
- Two weeks to act over Cumbrian parking permits charge (10 comments)
- Snooker hall demolition planned in Workington (2 comments)
- Green Maryport firm hailed by presenter Kevin McCloud (1 comment)
- West Cumbrian village bus service is axed (7 comments)