Workington Reds sign three players
Last updated at 20:48, Wednesday, 21 March 2012
Workington Reds have signed three players as boss Darren Edmondson bolsters his squad ahead of Saturday's crunch match with Harrogate.
Altrincham's recently released defender Adam Flynn and Middlesbrough teenagers Lewis Galpin and Michael Roberts will remain at Borough Park until at least the end of the season.
Ex-Southport captain Flynn, 27, adds experience to the back four with 18-year-olds Galpin (defender) and Roberts (either defence or midfield) seen as players for the future.
Flynn is currently head coach at Liverpool's International Football Academies.
He played 15 times for the play-off chasers but his season has been hampered through injury.
All three were signed well before the weekend deadline and will go straight into the squad for the trip to Yorkshire.
Reds are just two points and two places above Vauxhall in the final relegation spot.
First published at 20:43, Wednesday, 21 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Pram push to highlight concerns over West Cumberland Hospital services
- Fightback begins as Cockermouth Main Street reopens (7 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers accused of GBH were ‘watching rugby match’ - court
- Workington Jobcentre first in Cumbria to go digital (1 comment)
- Hurtful parish letter puts vicar out of action