Workington Town beat league leaders Doncaster
Published at 23:03, Sunday, 20 May 2012
Workington Town stormed back from an early 18-point deficit to beat Championship One leaders Doncaster 45-18 at Derwent Park.
Doncaster meant business from the start and ran in three converted tries. But Town hit back to reduce the deficit to four points at the break, going in 18-14 down.
However, the visitors had no answer to Town in the second period as they ran in 27 unanswered points.
Town tries came from Miller 3, Stack 2, Rooney, Thackray, Calderwood, Carter, Thackray adding a drop goal, and further goals coming from Bainbridge 3 and Forber 2.
Full report and pictures in tomorrow's News & Star
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Police identify dead man found in West Cumbrian park
- Man, 36, arrested after serious sexual assault in West Cumbria
- Hunt for man throwing punches outside Cumbrian pub
- Mourners say farewell to Maryport man killed after fall from Eastbourne Pier
- Talks continue over Workington slag banks crucifix (21 comments)