THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (VARIOUS FOOTPATHS IN THE CITY OF CARLISLE ANDNotice ID: BRA1766570
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (VARIOUS FOOTPATHS IN THE CITY OF CARLISLE AND
FOOTPATH NO. 138001 IN THE PARISH OF WETHERAL) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF PEDESTRIANS) ORDER 2020 NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that to enable BAM Nuttall to carry out works for the raising of flood defences ("the Works"), the County Council of Cumbria intends to make an Order the effect of which is to prohibit pedestrians from proceeding along the following lengths of footpath;
1. Footpath No.109107 in the City of Carlisle (old Newman School site) between Grid Refs: 340848 556339 and 340693 556237;and
2. Footpath No. 109110 in the City of Carlisle (Rickerby Park) between Grid Refs: 341164 556390 and 341387 556333; and
3. Footpath No. 109112 in the City of Carlisle (Stoneyholme Golf Course) between Grid Refs: 341387 556333 and 341579 556645; and
4. Footpath No. 109113 in the City of Carlisle (Brunton Park) between Grid Refs: 341387 556333 and 341700 555948; and
5. Footpath No. 109114 in the City of Carlisle (Toby Carvery) between Grid Refs: 342589 556017 and 342684 556196; and
6. Footpath No. 138001 in the Parish of Wetheral (Tesco) between Grid Refs: 342684 556196 and 342893 556509.
There is no suitable alternative routes available for pedestrians. N.B. The Works will be carried out in phases and as such the restrictions above will not run concurrently and will only be in force as and when the appropriate traffic signs are displayed. Any queries to the Countryside Access Team, The Parkhouse Building, Kingmoor Business Park, Carlisle CA6 4SJ or
or Highways hotline 0300 303 2992.
The Order will come into operation on 27 July 2020 and may continue in force for a period of up to six months from that date. It is anticipated that the restrictions will be required over a 4 month period from 27 July 2020.
Chief Legal Officer, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria House, 117 Botchergate, Carlisle CAI IRD Dated: lOJuly 2020