THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (VARIOUS ROADS IN THE ALLERDALE AREA) [TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) (NO.7) ORDER 2020Notice ID: BRA1791634
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (VARIOUS ROADS IN THE ALLERDALE AREA) [TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) (NO.7) ORDER 2020
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that to enable Cumbria Highways to carry out highway works ("the Works"), the County Council of Cumbria intends to make an Order the effect of which is to prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along the lengths of road specified in the attached Schedule.
Suitable diversion routes will be indicated on site by the display of relevant traffic signs as and when the temporary closures are in force. Phased works will not necessarily be done in numerical order.
Cumbria Highways will ensure that local residents and the general public are informed of which roads are to be closed and when, nearer the time. A way for pedestrians and dismounted cyclists will be maintained at all times. Nothing in the Order to which this notice relates shall:
1. Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
2. Apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform; and
3. Have the effect of preventing at any time access for pedestrians to any premises situated on or adjacent to the roads, or to any other premises accessible for pedestrians from, and only from the road; and
4. Apply to vehicles being used in connection with the Works. Any queries to the Highways Hotline 0300 303 2992 or email
, quoting the references stated on the schedule.
The Order will come into operation on 17 August 2020 and may continue in force for a maximum duration of eighteen months. However, please note that it is anticipated that the restrictions will only be required for 3 months in total and only as and when the relevant traffic signs are displayed. Chief Legal Officer, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria House, 117 Botchergate, Carlisle CAI IRD Dated: 30 July 2020
SCHEDULE - EXTENT OF RESTRICTIONS AND ALTERNATIVE ROUTES
1. U2085 Beech Hill, Oughterside - Approx. duration - 2 weeks(FileRef:GII0/20/A3l7)
U2085 Beech Hill, Oughterside - Approx. duration - 2 weeks(FileRef:GII0/20/A3l7)
From its junction with the C2023, extending in a north easterly direction for approx 300m.
Alternative Route: Via the unrestricted section of the U2085 and C2023.
2, C202I Ireby Low Bridge, Ireby - Approx. duration -1 week(FileRef:GII0/20/A3l8)
From a point approx 170m west of its junction with the C2020,
extending in a south westerly direction for approx 420m.
Alternative Route: Via the unrestricted sections of the C202I,
C20I I, B5299 (Boltongate) and C2020.
}. A597 Harrington, Workington - Approx. duration - 3
From a point approx 140m south east of its junction with
Moorclose Road, extending in a south easterly direction for
Alternative Route: Via the unrestricted sections of the A597, Workington Viaduct, Station Road, Oxford Street, Jane Street, A596 (Lillytiall) and A595.
4. U278I Edinburgh Road, Maryport - Approx. duration - 3 weeks (File Ref: G110/20/A320)
From a point approx. 50m south east of its junction with Queens Avenue, extending in a westerly direction for approx. 280m and including the turning head.
Alternative Route: Via the unrestricted sections of Edinburgh Road, Alne Road, Ewanrigg Road and The Arches.