THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (U2383 ST HELENS STREET, COCKERMOUTH) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2020Notice ID: BRA1809823
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (U2383 ST HELENS STREET, COCKERMOUTH) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) ORDER 2020
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that to enable GPHL to carry out utility works ("the Works"), the County Council of Cumbria has made an Order the effect of which is to;
1. Prohibit any vehicle from waiting at any time, on any day or from loading and unloading at any time on any day (including blue badge holders) along that section of St Helens Street, Cockermouth (both sides) from its junction with Waste Lane, extending in a north westerly direction for approx. 60m. Duration: From 17 August 2020 for approx. 4 weeks.
2. Prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along that section of St Helens Street, Cockermouth from a point approx. 30m north west of its junction with Waste Lane, extending in a north westerly direction for approx. 30m;
Alternative Route: via the unrestricted sections of St Helens Street, Castlegate and Castlegate Drive. Duration: from 24 August 2020 for approx. 2 weeks. A way for pedestrians and dismounted cyclists will be maintained at all times.
Nothing in the Order to which this notice relates shall:
1. Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
2. Apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform; and
3. Have the effect of preventing at any time access for pedestrians to any premises situated on or adjacent to the road, or to any other premises accessible for pedestrians from, and only from the road; and
4. Apply to vehicles being used in connection with the Works. Any queries to the Highways Hotline 0300 303 2992 or email
, quoting the reference GII0/20/A322.
The Order will come into operation on 17 August 2020 and may continue in force for a maximum duration of eighteen months. However, please note that it is anticipated that the restrictions will only be required for as detailed above and only as and when the relevant traffic signs are displayed. Chief Legal Officer, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria House, 117 Botchergate, Carlisle CAI IRD Dated: 13 August 2020