THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (VARIOUS ROADS IN THE ALLERDALE AREA) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) (NO.4) ORDER 2021Notice ID: BRA2035713
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (VARIOUS ROADS IN THE ALLERDALE AREA) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC REGULATION) (NO.4) ORDER 2021
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that to enable Cumbria Highways to carry out highway works ("the Works"), the County Council of Cumbria has made an Order the effect of which is to prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along the lengths of road specified in the attached Schedule.
Suitable diversion routes will be indicated on site by the display of relevant traffic signs as and when the temporary closures are in force. Phased works will not necessarily be done in numerical order.
Cumbria Highways will ensure that local residents and the general public are informed of which roads are to be closed and when, nearer the time. A way for pedestrians and dismounted cyclists will be maintained at all times. Nothing in the Order to which this notice relates shall:
1. Apply to emergency service vehicles, or vehicles being used by statutory undertakers in the performance of their duties; and
2. Apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform; and
3. Have the effect of preventing at any time access for pedestrians to any premises situated on or adjacent to the road, or to any other premises accessible for pedestrians from, and only from the road; and
4. Apply to vehicles being used in connection with the Works. Any queries to the Highways Hotline 0300 303 2992 or email
, quoting the references detailed in the schedule below.
The Order will come into operation on 5 April 2021 and may continue in force for a maximum duration of eighteen months. However, please note that it is anticipated that the restrictions will only be required over a 3 month period from 5 April 2021 for the durations stated in the schedule and only as and when the relevant traffic signs are displayed.
Chief Legal Officer, Cumbria County Council, Cumbria House, 117 Botchergate, Carlisle CAI IRD Dated: 01 April 2021
EXTENT OF RESTRICTIONS AND ALTERNATIVE ROUTES
1. C2023 Gilcrux - Approx. duration 2 weeks (Ref: AL2I-117)
From its junction with C200I, extending in a north easterly direction for approx. 250m.
Alternative Route: via the unrestricted section of the C2023, A596 Prospect to Crosby Villa, C2003 and C2001 Gilcrux.
2. U2288 Garborough Close, Parkside and Green Close, Crosby - Approx. duration 3 weeks (Reft AL21 -126)
(i) Garborough Close, from its junction with Dearham Bridge Road to its junction with Parkside; and
(ii) Parkside, from its junction with Garborough Close to its junction with Green Close; and
(iii)Green Close, from its junction with Parkside to its junction with the A596 Crosby Moor.
Alternative Route: via Dearham Bridge Road and the A596 Crosby Moor.
3. C200I Main Road, Seaton - Approx. duration I week (Ref:AL2l-l37)
From a point approx.300m north east of its junction with Coronation Avenue, extending in a north easterly direction for a distance of approx. 820m.
Alternative Route: via the unrestricted sections of Main Road, Lowca Lane, the A596, Calva Brow and Seaton Road.
4. B5292 Lorton Road, near Cockermouth - Approx. duration 2 weeks (Ref: AL2I-I44)
From a point approx 585m north west of its junction with Hundith Hill Road, extending in a north westerly direction for a distance of approx. 190m Alternative Route;
South East Bound Vehicles: via the unrestricted sections of Lorton Road, Victoria Road, Lorton Street, Station Road, Lamplugh Road, the A66 and Whinlatter Pass. North West Bound Vehicles: via the unrestricted section of the B5292 (Lorton), Whinlatter Pass, the A66 Cockermouth, Lamplugh Road, Gallowbarrow, Main Street and Station Street, Lorton Street and Victoria Road.
5. U2096 Near Bridekirk - Approx. duration 2 weeks (Ref:AL2l-l57)
From its junction with the A595, extending in a north westerly
direction for approx. 120m.
Alternative route: Via the C2038 and the A595.