Wath Brow A added the CARL Cup to their collection when they beat Cockermouth Titans 42-6 at Egremont.

The Iggesund Cumberland ARL Division One table-toppers proved too strong for a young Titans side. They scored eight tries to just one from their opponents and had the game won long before the end.

Hornets were in sparkling form and raced into a 16–0 half-time lead with tries through Jake McCartney, Sam Curwen and Jake Pearce, two of which were converted by Curwen.

In the second half, Brow’s Daniel Burns opened the scoring, touching down out wide.

Almost straight from the restart, the ball was fed to Ellison Holgate who scored the try of the match after breaking the Titans defence.

Holgate, who was named man-of-the-match, raced 70 yards to touch down under the sticks, giving Curwen an easy conversion.

With a few chances going begging, Cockermouth finally broke the Brow’s defence when Matt Skillen took a short ball and raced away to score out wide with Regan Tinnion adding their extras.

Further converted tries for the Brow from Dale Bell, Aiden Dawson and a second for Jake McCartney put the game out of the Titans' reach.

However, to their credit, their heads never went down nor did they give up.

In the dying minutes, the Cockermouth side were unlucky not to score when, after sustained pressure on the Brow line, Matthew Jackson finally broke through but, in the scrambling defence, the ball came free just as he was about to touch down.

At the end of the game, Cumberland Amateur Rugby League chairman Roger Blair presented Wath Brow with the trophy and congratulated them on an excellent season.

The Premier Division top four play-off semi-finals were both played on Saturday and resulted in victories for Distington and Ellenborough.

Distington, the league winners, won 28-10.

Liam McNicholas, Matt Hewer, Bryan Ritchie, Greg Bedford and Jamie Friel scored the Distington tries, with four goals from Steve Clarke.

Seaton’s tries came from Liam Williamson and Lewis Wallbanks with a conversion from Joe Roper.

Man-of-the-Match for Distington was McNicholas with Mark Walker picking up the award for Seaton.

In the other game, Ellenborough booked their place in the final with a comprehensive 46-10 win at Hensingham.

Victory was set-up in the first half when Ellenborough raced into a 32-0 lead. The second half was a lot tighter but, even then, Elbra edged it 14-10.

The Hensingham tries were scored by Nicky Anderson and Nick Maudling with one conversion by Ellis Postlethwaite.

For Ellenborough, Luke Penrice led the way with four tries to earn him man-of-the-match while Kevin Hoban (2), Jordan Ostle (2) and Ben Robinson notched the others. Owen Hoyles kicked five goals.

Man-of-the-Match for Hensingham was Jon Carrick.