Workington Town move on in the League 1 play-offs after a superb second half comeback at the South Leeds Stadium.

Hunslet had a very narrow lead at half time in the play-off elimination game 24-18 but Town came back and won this clash 32-24 thanks to some of their experienced stars stepping up.

Town got off to the perfect start, after getting a penalty in the first set they swung the ball out wide and Gordon Maudling crashed over inside the first minute, with Carl Forber converting.

A great break from Stevie Scholey down the middle of the field, had the fans on their feet again but he just couldn't get the pass away and the ball was dropped.

But the home side came back and in the eighth minute they hit back with a try out wide for Tom Ashton but Joe Sanderson's attempt at the extras failed so Town still had a slender two-point lead.

On 12 minutes a Forber kick got a rebound off a Hunslet defender, Town regathered and Scholey was the man to charge over the line, and Forber again added the extras for 12-4.

Scholey went close again as he was held up on the line but the final kick from Forber just went dead before the chasing Jonathan Walsh could reach it.

Then Hunslet came back again, a ball from a Simon Brown high kick was allowed to bounce and the home team reacted quickly to go over the line Ryan Wright touching down by the posts, leaving Sanderson an easy two-pointer.

The home side took the lead when Workington's defence was caught on the hope with a quickly taken penalty. Hunslet were encamped on the Town try line and Ashton went over for his second, with Sanderson tagging on the goal to make it 16-12 to Hunslet.

Town got a penalty to relieve some pressure but Jamie Doran's kick failed to hit touch and Workington were on the back foot again.

But they hit back and came off their own try line to get down field and forced a drop-out. This proved crucial and a grubber kick from the boot of Sean Penkywicz bounced back off a Hunslet player into the kicker's arms and he touched it down to level matters.

And a Forber success with the boot meant Town took the lead back as half time loomed.

Jimmy Watson was the hero for Hunslet as he sneaked in out wide just before the break to edge their noses back in front, with Sanderson's conversion pulling their lead out to four points.

A messy end to the half allowed Hunslet a penalty and Sanderson slotted it over as the hooter sounded to make it 24-18 in their favour.

Into the second half and it was becoming a real tussle but after an extended period of pressure it was Town who got themselves back into the game.

Doran turned back inside and found Fuifui Moimoi charging forward and he went in by the sticks with Forber's conversion levelling matters once again at 24 apiece.

An opportunity went begging for Hunslet with a great break from Sanderson but the pass to Robinson was forward and went to ground.

A Forber penalty goal edged Town ahead again but they had to weather storms from the home side.

There was a huge let-off as Hunslet knocked on over the line and then Town got back on the front foot as Penkywicz went himself and touched down.

And a huge kick from the touchline from Forber meant Town were eight points ahead at 32-24.