Workington Reds and Farsley Celtic are still deadlocked at half time in this FA Trophy third round qualifier at Borough Park.

Workington were looking good in the early stages, more than matching their higher league opponents and putting them on the rack on occasions.

But Farsley began to creep back into the game, upping the ante as half time loomed.

Despite all the best efforts from both sides, the keepers did not have many saves to make and at the break it was still all-square at 0-0.

A nice move going upfield from Reds, long ball out to the right where Scott Allison put the ball back into the path on the onrushing Matty Clarke and his thunderbolt just cleared the crossbar.

Reds had been taking it to their higher league opponents and putting them under pressure but the home side had to be wary of their visitors from set pieces, with some height in the Farsley side.

The visitors had thought they had opened the scoring when Tyler Walton found the back of the net but the linesman had already flagged for offside.

Tom Allen brought Scott Allison down on the right, leaving Reds in a good position for a free kick, it came wide to the left when Allison looked to play in Brad Hubbold, he managed to pull it back from a tight angle, but only into the arms of the keeper Elliot Wynne.

Reds kept coming and a great cross from Dav Symington sailed into the box and a Farsley defender had to get in a good clearance.

But up to the other end of the field and Jim Atkinson was called into action for Reds as he had to palm away a shot from Will Hayhurst for a corner

As Reds looked to pick up the pace, Symington put the ball in for Tinnion who lofted it into the box and it was met by the head of Nathan Waterston but his effort again sailed over the bar.

Tinnion was fouled in his own half and Symington quickly took the free kick looking for the early run from Allison but the keeper narrowly beat him to the ball.

Then a foul on Allison saw Symington get another chance over the ball and he lofted it in but the keeper was first up to collect.

But in the melee Wynne went down in his area and play was halted while he received treatment.

He got back up and play resumed but both sides just saw the clock wind down and as the ref blew it remained 0-0 with all to play for.