Workington Reds Juniors White continued their march to the Smurfit Kappa Cumberland County League Premier Division title with a 4-0 win at Bransty Rangers as John Price and Jamie Glover with two goals apiece secured the points.

Last season’s champions Wigton are clinging to the leaders’ coat-tails with a hard-fought 2-1 home win against third-placed Gosforth as Mike Riding and Ryan Studholme scored for the Harriers, with a strike from Lewis Jolly reducing the arrears.

Cleator Moor Celtic Reserves entertained Aspatria, with the visitors claiming the points in a close game through an Andrew Trestianu brace and a goal from Richard Hudson, while Celtic’s consolation goals came from Ryan Hall with one from the penalty spot.

Cockermouth completed the Premier Division fixtures with a 4-1 home win over Silloth as Brian Straughton gave Cockermouth the lead and successful penalty kicks from Mike Graham and Kyran Bertram took the game beyond Silloth, who responded through Kieran Little. The final goal for the hosts came from Ryan Gorley.

In Division One, Maryport Athletic currently lead the field, with Crown Newlaithes, Workington Athletic and Northbank all in with a shout for the honours.

Maryport were victorious over difficult opposition in Whitehaven Miners, claiming the points in a 2-1 home victory.

They were indebted to Brett McMillan and Joe Phillipson for their goals, although Miners pushed them all the way with a Lewis Roberts strike.

Crown Newlaithes were too strong for visitors Mirehouse, winning 6-1, with a Luke Firth hat-trick, a brace from Jack Brannan and a goal from Jamie Hull.

Mirehouse slightly reduced the arrears through Bradley Dryden.

Workington Athletic travelled to Carlisle to take on UniSun Athletic and came away with a narrow 1-0 win courtesy of a goal from Ryan Connelly.

Workington Reds Juniors Black entertained Whitehaven AFC Reserves at the Ranch, scoring six without reply.

A Kyle Teasdale brace opened the scoring, supported by goals from Jamie Graham, Paul Lomas, Ben Powell and Harry Watson.

Northbank took on a young Windscale Reserves side, winning comfortably 5-0.

They led 4-0 at the half-time whistle but the Windscale contingent continued to battle in the second period, conceding only one further goal as Luke Miller notched a hat-trick and a Kieran Blair brace completed the scoring.