KENDAL rugby saw a dominant win after scoring repeatedly against Carlisle.

The visiting Carlisle side were at the foot of the table, partly due a twenty-point deduction for failing to fulfil four fixtures due to lack of fit players, but even without this they would only be equal on points with second bottom Douglas.

The game started off well for Carlisle, but Kendal soon took control.

Ben Dixon, who starred in the game at Carlisle, opened up the defence with a run down the right, but his pass to Mark Carruthers failed to find its target.

The first score came for Carlisle as they broke through the Kendal line.

After a quarter of an hour both sides were temporarily down to fourteen men, when there was an altercation.

The opening Kendal score came after twenty minutes.

Jordan Johnson made a break and Glen Weightman was on hand to weave through for a try converted by Chris Park to make it seven a piece.

Glen Weightman put a penalty to touch which followed with a clean ball collected by Reece Tomlinson, and with Carlisle probably expecting a lineout drive, Nelson broke away and powered over with no one laying a hand on him. Chris Park added the conversion to put them ahead on 14.

With five minutes left of play, Dixon again powered through the Carlisle defence and Jordan Johnson did well to stay with him, to take the pass to go over for Kendal’s third try.

Chris Park again successfully added the conversion to make it 21v7.

Carlisle added to their score first by bumping their numbers up to 12 despite missing the kick.

Some back-and-forth action soon saw Dan Shorrock get across the line. After some debate by the referee, it was 26 points to Kendal.

After twenty-five minutes into the second half, Joe Cook came on in place of Mark Carruthers.

Kendal extended their lead, with Glen Weightman releasing Ben Dixon on a long run, and this time it was Steven Nelson in support to power through for his second try to make it 31v12.

With five minutes of normal time remaining, Kendal added a further try. Ben Dixon made a break, and this time had Greg Wrathall in support, and he found Dan Lowther, who like in the opening game at Carlisle, arrived at a pace that nothing was going to stop him, and went around under the posts to make the conversion easier.

Starting to think of point difference, Glen Weightman dropped kick the conversion to make it 38v12.

Three minutes late Kendal had another try. Dan Greenwood made ground and the move was taken on by Dan Reid, and this time Ben Dixon did finish off himself, with Glen Weightman again adding a dropped kick conversion to make it 45v12.

Despite being in added time the referee played on. After a Kendal scrum in their own half, the ball came to Ben Dixon who again seemed through to score himself, but instead found Dan Shorrock on the wing with a difficult long pass. Shorrock did well to take the pass at pace, but having done that, there was no stopping him. This time the quick conversion attempt failed.

Glen Weightman finished off a Dan Lowther break.

With Chris Park off the field, and the last conversion missed another kicker was needed. Reece Tomlinson stepped up to successful add the conversion with a drop kick, to become the fifth player in the current squad to have score points from kicks for a final score of 57v12.