KESWICK Mountain Rescue dealt with numerous incidents all in one night. 

On Friday, March 1, the team dealt with three separate incidents all in the space of a few hours. 

A spokesperson said: "A party of five set off from Seathwaite to ascend Scafell Pike via Sty Head and Esk Hause.

Two turned back but the rest continued to the summit. On the descent down the Corridor Route they called for assistance when it became dark and falling snow made progress difficult. It was then reported that one of the group was unconscious.

Times and Star: The team conduct the rescueThe team conduct the rescue (Image: Keswick MRT)

"Wasdale MRT deployed and asked for assistance from Keswick. RAF Mountain Rescue support was also requested. Further contact was made and the group was now heading towards Styhead Pass, although it took some time to clarify whether the unconscious person was with them.

"Fortunately, he had recovered and was with the group. A couple of men camping at Styhead Tarn heard shouts from the group, and to their great credit, escorted the men down towards Seathwaite where they were met by Keswick MRT on their way up.

"Two Keswick team members continued with the group down to their car at Seathwaite whilst the others were alerted to the next call out.

Times and Star: The rescue dog The rescue dog (Image: Keswick MRT)

"An 18-year-old was reported missing by his father after he failed to return after a walk up Scafell Pike with his two dogs.

"A multi-agency search was initiated and Keswick was tasked with covering the main paths from Seathwaite up to Esk Hause.

"Team members who were on the previous call-out continued on up to Styhead Pass whilst additional team members and RAF Mountain Rescue Service personnel ascended Grains Gill. In the early hours, Wasdale reported that they had located the man and his dogs in Piers Gill. 

Times and Star: The team during the rescue The team during the rescue (Image: Keswick MRT)

"Around the time the team had arrived back at the vehicles at Seathwaite a (late night) runner reported a man cold and intoxicated on a path above Seatoller.

"The team with a search dog responded and found the man asleep on the path. The search dog gave the customary bark when finding the casualty which immediately woke him up. He was helped by an ambulance at Seatoller."