Carlisle Cricket Club are on top of Cumbria Cricket League’s Premier Division - with a little help from Workington.

While Carlisle were comfortably beating Lindal Moor at Edenside on Saturday, long-time leaders Furness were going down to a heavy defeat in west Cumbria.

It had started well enough for Furness as they won the toss and invited their hosts to bat first.

Workington were in early disarray at 23-4 as Furness pro Sachith Pathirana took three quick wickets.

The home side made a great recovery, though, thanks to Simon Beare and Callum Sutton who put on 142 for the fifth wicket.

Beare scored 82 off 68 balls, before falling to a great catch by Wyll Stanway on the boundary edge.

Sutton went on to make 48 and late runs from Dave Pearce (21 not out) got them to 195-9 with Pathirana finishing with 5-47.

Garry Thompson gave Furness a great start with 39 but his dismissal at 52-1 triggered a huge collapse to 76-8.

A stubborn 37 from Pathirana got Furness a point but they were all out for 104 in the 35th over.

Beare capped a man-of-the-match performance by taking 6-29, while Adam Chambers took 3-15.

Carlisle had played their own part in going top when they easily accounted for visitors Lindal Moor.

After a delayed start, Lindal won the toss and elected to bat but had lost half the side for 31 inside 14 overs.

Professional Janith De Silva (32) coaxed a response from the lower order and, with the help of Jack Cumberbatch (24) and Lee Stephens (23), got them to 123 all out in the 48th over.

Phil Frazer (4-26) and Fraser Conn (3-23) were the most successful Carlisle bowlers.

Openers Ben Davidson (42 not out) and Mike Slack (30) put on 70 for the first wicket and Alex Raybould (20 not out) was there to help at the end as Carlisle won on 124-3 in the 40th over.

Keswick moved ahead of Cleator into fourth place when they won their clash at Fitz Park.

Cleator chose to bat but were bowled out for 107 in the 41st over.

Professional Supeshala Jayathilake top-scored with 42 but his only real support came from Doug Hughes (24).

Off-spinner Dan Gaskell was the main tormentor, taking 6-37 from his 13 overs.

Keswick only needed 28.3 overs to reach 109-2 with opener William Atkinson batting throughout for 61 not out.

The quickest finish of the day was at Egremont where the home side were rolled over for 58 in 22.5 overs by champions Cockermouth.

The visitors then proceeded to hammer 59 in 6.3 overs, although they did lose former Egremont batsman Matthew Sempill for a duck.

Greg Platten was 46 not out off 29 balls with four fours and four sixes. Cockermouth pro Kavishka Anjula took 3-14 and Sam Thompson took 3-7.

Wigton made the long trek to Millom and came away with a very good win.

They batted first and made 197-3 and that was boosted by an unbroken fourth-wicket stand between Matthew Reed and Theo Manihera who both scored unbeaten half-centuries after Andy Oliver (31) had been prominent early on.

Millom were best served by professional Sameera Sadamai (48) and Graham Dawson (41). Professional Chris Hodgson took 4-25 off 13 overs as Millom were bowled out for 147.

Whitehaven had a very good win at Dalton after batting first and making 188 in 47 overs.

They were well-served by Steve Holliday (62), Habib Baloch (30) and Zimbabwe Test player Ryan Burl (27), who was their sub-pro.

Professional Lasith Waduge took 3-36 and Lewis Woodend had 3-49.

Dalton were bowled out for 117 with young Ratna Salagala taking 3-4 to mop up the tail. Burl took 2-34. Marc Gibson and Jon Bell both made 28.