(Match abandoned after 62 minutes due to power failure).

Workington Town's latest pre-season friendly started with home side Barrow getting first possession and finding 60 metres. Town made good yards on their set before a baffling decision awarded Barrow the ball on their own 40 as the Raiders charged the ball down into touch.

Raiders were close to scoring on three minutes with their second attack but forced a pass and eventually knocked on. Langtree and Toal provided Town with several issues in the opening stages but the visiting League One outfit did well to scramble and clean up.

Barrow were awarded the first penalty on seven minutes for a strip on halfway. Town once again scrambled well through Simpson, this time for a drop out under the sticks. Town however were awarded the ball on tackle two as a huge shot from Caine Barnes forced it free.

On 11 minutes an offside call was given against Workington. This again came to nothing as Barrow dropped the ball cold on a bitter afternoon at the Matt Johnson Prestige Stadium.

Referee Andy Sweet then gave Workington their first penalty, to the cheers of the blue and white army, as Barrow strayed offside. This came to nothing as Tom Curwen lost the ball in heavy contact from Ellis Gillam and Tom Hopkins. Barrow then went 40 metres before losing the ball themselves and really cementing what had been a poor opening quarter of the game.

Barrow threw a wild pass on 17 minutes which nearly saw Anderson-Moore away for Town but for a knock on as Barrow continued the attack on the Town line. After Matty Henson was adjudged to be offside from his own try line, Shane Toal punished Workington by scoring in the corner on 19 minutes, Ryan Shaw missing the kick for 4-0 after 20 minutes.

Barrow weren’t far away from going back-to-back as a beautiful inside reverse kick from Creswell was knocked on with the line beckoning. Town, however, let the Raiders off the hook as McNicholas dropped the ball cold on the Town 20 and found themselves behind the posts again as former Super League flyer Ryan Shaw scored out wide again, and with 25 minutes on the clock Barrow were 10-0 to the good.

From the restart a thunderous shot from Liam McNicholas was given as late and Barrow again began to hammer the Town line but for a further error from the Raiders. The ninth error of the game came and a fourth for Workington as JJ Key couldn’t collect a pass on the Town 30.

Barrow then were guilty of giving away a seven-tackle set, with Barnes getting a penalty for a high shot. Town then battered the Raiders line but an amateurish pass undid all the work. Town began to pressure the Raiders line towards the end and got their just deserts as Sean Sabeuty took to the air to put the ball down in the corner on 37 minutes for 10-4, Walker missing the conversion attempt from the touchline. Town then went the distance on half time and were denied on the last by some fantastic Raiders defence.

The second half started with errors for both sides. Town pushed up well through and forced Barrow into a knock on. Forty-five minutes in and a loud yelp came from Raiders’ Brett Carter who was replaced. Town got a huge reprieve as Barrow lost the tackle count and lost the ball on halfway, Town then forced a drop out on 48 minutes however McNicholas dropped the ball off the kick. Following that Barrow were over from a penalty for a high tackle as Blain Marwood was adjudged to have taken the Barrow prop around the shoulder. From that the Bulman Express entered Barrow and another touchline attempt on 71 minutes was missed by Shaw for 14-4 to the Raiders.

On 72 minutes the game was abandoned by referee Sweet as the Matt Johnson Prestige Stadium lost all power.

Anthony Murray said after the game he was pleased with his side’s pre-season thus far and can take plenty into the Bulls game. He did however confirm the game has come at a cost as Carl Forber has done damage and will need it assessed and Joe Kirkup has a slight head knock.