Four thousand people turned up to a public meeting demanding answers about the future of services at the West Cumberland Hospital. (15 comments)
- West Cumbrian man admits sexual activity with child
- Maryport pitches firm due to complete work for Derby County
- Fundraiser insists he won't get lost in this year's Great Cumbrian Run
- 45 people evacuated as bus catches fire near Cockermouth
- Cumbria MPs united in support of air strikes against Islamic State
A FUND-RAISING drive to help a 24-year-old woman speak for the first time has nearly hit £20,000.
We have launched a campaign to find the unsung heroes and heroines in our community.
This weekend is a milestone in the history of a Workington church which will open its doors to show people how it has changed.
The finalists for the CN Group Business Awards have been chosen, and judges say the standard is as high as ever.
Cockermouth businesses are gearing up for a bumper weekend as up to 30,000 people are expected to descend on the town for Taste Cumbria.
Pupils at a Workington school will be taught how to manage money as part of a ground-breaking partnership.
A Harrington mum has shed five stones despite being 33 weeks pregnant.
Visit our Flickr page for a selection of photos from our members of Allerdale Snappers, the Flickr group attached to the Times & Star. Click here to join up and send us your photos!